The Orthodox Christian Church, inspired by the Holy Spirit, is a treasury of accumulated experience and wisdom in mankind’s attempt to relate to God and to other people. What we know of Christ and the Christian Faith, we have received from the Holy Church. Membership in the Church is more than merely fulfilling a financial obligation or attending a service on occasion. Membership in the Church is Christ-centered; it is active, it is loving, and it requires a complete and unconditional commitment to the Church. Initially, one becomes an Orthodox Christian through Baptism and Chrismation. This in turn bestows unto an individual the privilege to participate in the sacramental life of the Orthodox Church. However, Baptism and Chrismation can lose their dynamic validity if the vows made at the Baptismal Font are not maintained in our every day life and expressed in our faithful participation in parish life. Therefore, membership in the Annunciation is an active commitment of Orthodox Christians to God that requires every individual to participate in, serve and help maintain the body of Christ at the Annunciation. To be an Orthodox Christian in good standing at the Annunciation, one must be Baptized and/or Chrismated in the Orthodox Church. If married, the marriage must be blessed in an Orthodox Christian Church. Should a marriage blessed by the Orthodox Church end in divorce, one must receive an ecclesiastical divorce. Furthermore, membership to the Annunciation in Little Rock, requires regular and conscientious participation in the sacramental life of the parish as well as a steadfast commit to all forms of stewardship of the Annunciation.
Members of the Annunciation Church Family...
- Have been baptized or Chrismated into the Orthodox Church.
- Have had their marriage sanctified in the Orthodox Church.
- Participate regularly in the Holy Sacraments of the Church and faithfully attend the worship services of the Church.
- Observe the prescribed Fast Days and prepare themselves to receive Holy Communion regularly.
- Actively support and participate in all forms of Stewardship.
- Faithfully submit their annual Annunciation Contact Information and Stewardship Card.
- Have introduced themselves to Fr. Nicholas.